Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Concussions ~ Part Deux

Well it's been almost 2 (very loooooooooong I might add) weeks. Last Wednesday was my only good day and I did way too much. It went down hill from there and by Friday I wasn't doing well at all. Had to put a call in to the Dr. and ended up pretty much on bed rest for the weekend. I have been trying really hard to not over do it since then. It's so hard!! But today I am feeling sooooooooo much better!! Thank you Lord! Now if it just keeps going in that direction I will be super dooper happy!!

It's been 12 days with no exercise and very little activity. I never thought I'd miss exercising so much! I need to take things slow and not jump back into everything right away. Still not 100% but getting there. I hope to start doing some lighter exercise next week, like Leslie dvd's. Then if all goes well I should be back to running the first weekend of July! I'm sure I will need to work my way back up to 5 miles after being so sedentary for 3 weeks. Ugh. My 8k is the 17th so that only gives me 2 weeks. Hmmm. I'll just have to take it as it comes and hope and pray I can still do it, even if I can't run the entire thing.

It's been hard not getting really discouraged with the set backs but I am determined to keep pushing on. Unfortunately things are going to come up that will throw me off track, that's life. But if I let the disappointment and frustration win, I will never reach my goals. It's not easy but nothing worth having ever is. I'm just taking it one day at a time and hoping for the best.

This past Saturday was our 14 year anniversary. <3 Since I was basically restricted to the couch all weekend, my sweet hubby made dinner. :) He also got me the Under Armour running hat I've been wanting (and a lucky bamboo plant~ he said I can use all the luck I can get! lol). He (also) said he has faith in me and knows I will be back up and running soon. Aww. He's a keeper. Can't wait to put it to use!!

3 comments:

christine said...

Trina -

I can totally relate to your feeling of frustration without being able to exercise. I have been not able to do much walking or anything too strenous on a regualr basis since November (cant run anymore because of a bad knee. I finally was told I have hip bursitis. After trying many, many things I am now doing acupuncture. I have always been a person to work out atleast 6 days a week, so this has been huge for me. I am hopeful that the acupuncture will help and I will be back at it someday!!

Trina W said...

Sorry to hear of your struggles Christine. I hope acupuncture helps. Hang in there!

jo said...

Happy anniversary.

So sorry about the concussion. Yikes. Life has a way of throwing us setbacks, but it sounds like you're very well prepared in handling this. I didn't do so well with my recent setback--oh wait, mine was in January. I'm still dealing with it. lol

Nice to meet you!