Monday, June 27, 2011

Baby steps

Well today is the day. The day I get serious again about my health. I really have no choice. I cannot allow myself to go backwards. I won't be that person again, and that's exactly where I'm headed if I don't stop right now. So I started back to the WW points plus plan today. So far so good. Now if I can just make sure to log my food for the entire day and not slack off towards the end I'll be good. I always start the day with good intentions but right about late afternoon or into the evening I fall off completely. Tracking is so important. Otherwise I'll eat a bite here, there, and soon have eaten another entire meal worth of calories without realizing. It's so easy to fall off the wagon. It's just a bumpy ride. Getting back on, and staying on for any length of time, is like riding a bull.

I've been feeling pretty good today so I decided to attempt a Leslie Sansone workout dvd. My first workout of any kind in 17 days. Normally I would call this a "non workout" because it's way less intensity than I'm used to doing but naturally I have to start off small. I was surprised and actually quite pleased that I was able to complete the entire 30 minute workout (with some minor modifications) without feeling too terrible. Although after I got downstairs I was noticing my head pounding a bit so I had to lay on the couch for awhile. Slow baby steps.... I'm not good at that but if I want to get back to running and my favorite killer Zumba class I have to take it slow. And I am going to get back to my super sweaty, heart pumping, high intensity, push myself, feel the burn workouts. Won't be tomorrow or even next week but I will get there. I love them too much not to.

1 comment:

jo said...

What would we do without Leslie!!! When I had my kidney stone bout, she was all I could do. I was so thankful to have some of her DVDs.

How long do they expect your recovery to take?

You will be back to those sweatfests soon.