Friday, July 1, 2011

Getting back into life

Well it's July 1st. 3 weeks since my stupid head incident. It's a new month and I'm feeling really good, despite the fact that I hit my head again on Wednesday!! Yup, that's what I said. AGAIN! I have gone almost 40 years without any real head injuries and then 2 within 3 weeks. What is wrong with me??!! I was without Advil for 24 hours in case of bleeding. That SUCKED!! I've come to the official conclusion that I've been suspicious of all along. Tylenol just does not work for me. Anyway, today I am feeling really quite good for the first time in a long time. I was able to run errands after work and it's past 10pm and I'm still up!! That's a good sign because I'm usually going to bed by 8pm at the latest these last few weeks. Just so dang exhausted. My son is tucking me in! lol He's such a sweet kiddo. Love him to pieces!! Well now that I'm coming out of this fog and feeling like I'm getting back into my life again I can see all the stuff I have neglected. Like housework. Ugggggg. I think I'll be spending a month just getting on top of everything. I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm still up 6 lbs. Grrr!! NOT good. I have really been struggling being so messed up with all this concussion stuff and it's been super hard to try and stick with anything and of course still haven't been able to do much exercising. Tomorrow I am planning on a Leslie dvd and also a LOT of housework. I'm aiming for 6,000 steps tomorrow. I need to get back up to 10,000+ that I was doing pre concussion. Today I got in the 4,000's so that's a start. I need to start syncing my fitbit again on facebook too. I love my fitbit by the way!! It has really helped keep me motivated. A Christmas gift that keeps on giving! So I am setting a goal of losing 15-20 lbs by the end of Summer. I really really really NEED to get this moving in the right direction. My jeans were feeling a bit tight today and that's just not acceptable. It's so easy to gain the weight back and let it get carried away. I've already let it go in the wrong direction too long. Now if life will just cooperate for awhile so I can stay focused... lol Yeah, right!! I feel like God is slapping me upside the head trying to tell me something. I hope I got it cuz my head is tired of hurting!!! Well off I go to rinse the color off my hair. A fresh new color for a fresh new start... Happy Independence Day America!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful you are feeling better! Have you thought of investing in a helmet? *GRIN*
Enjoy your holiday weekend!